Junior Laura Lundblad recorded her first career hat trick in a 5-1 win over RPI on Saturday afternoon, as the Bobcats won their fourth straight game. Sophomore Lexie Adzija and first-year Sadie Peart also netted goals in the win.
Quinnipiac outshot RPI, 37-18, and senior netminder Abbie Ives made 17 saves. The Bobcats earned the team's 17th win of the season.
Quinnipiac 5, RPI 1
Quinnipiac (17-10-3, 9-7-2 ECAC), RPI (0-29-1, 0-18-0 ECAC)
Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena | Hamden, Conn.
- (16:58, 1st period, EV) – Quinnipiac 1, RPI 0: Sophomore Lexie Adzija scored her 11th goal of the year off a beautiful play from her line. Junior Taylor Girard found junior Taylor House in the left circle. House passed to Adzija skating into the center, and Adzija sent it home past RPI's Ena Nystrom.
- (00:52, 2nd period, EV) – Quinnipiac 2, RPI 0: Junior Laura Lundblad scored her fifth goal of the season, unassisted, as she skated one-vs-one with RPI's Nystrom and scored through the five-hole.
- (16:08, 2nd period, PP) – Quinnipiac 3, RPI 0: First-year Sadie Peart scored her third power play goal of the season on a rebound. Adzija and first-year Kate Reilly tallied assists on the goal.
- (13:18, 3rd period, PP) – Quinnipiac 3, RPI 1: The Engineers got on the board on a power play in the third period. Lauren Severson netted a goal off a rebound from a shot taken by Madeleine Burnett.
- (17:55, 3rd period, EV) – Quinnipiac 4, RPI 1: Lundblad netted her second of the game from junior Brooke Bonsteel.
- (19:49, 3rd period, EV) – Quinnipiac 5, RPI 1: With 11 seconds left to play, Bonsteel found Lundblad again and the junior recorded her first career hat trick.
- Lundblad tallied three goals to lead the team in the 5-1 win. This is the junior's first career hat trick.
- The last time a Bobcat recorded a hat trick was in Nov. 2017. Melissa Samoskevich netted three goals ina 4-3 win against Union.
- Adzija recorded her 11th goal of the year and leads the team with 27 points with 16 assists. She led the team with seven shots on net.
- Peart scored her ninth goal of the season and third power play goal. She leads all first-years on the team with 16 points.
- House, Girard, Reilly and Bonsteel all recorded helpers.
- Quinnipiac outshot RPI, 37-18.
- Junior Grace Markey and Bonsteel dominated the faceoffs. Together they won 25 of 33 total faceoffs.
- Ives moves to 14-9-3 on the season.
- The Bobcats travel to the North Country next weekend for the last regular season road trip. Quinnipiac will take on Clarkson on Friday, Feb. 14 at 6 p.m., in Potsdam, N.Y.