HAMDEN, Conn. – The Quinnipiac women's ice hockey team lost, 3-2, in overtime to Harvard after coming back to tie the game late in the third period. Senior Kati Tabin tied the game, 2-2, with 18 seconds remaining in the third. Harvard's Anne Bloomer scored the game-winner.
Quinnipiac 2, Harvard 3 (OT)
Quinnipiac (4-4-2, 0-4-1 ECAC), Harvard (5-0-0, 5-0-0 ECAC)
Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena | Hamden, Conn.
- (6:12, 1st period, EV) – Quinnipiac 0, Harvard 1: Harvard's Keely Moy scored first goal of the game with assists coming from Kristin Della Rovere and Dominique Petrie.
- (1:44, 2nd period, PP) – Quinnipiac 1, Harvard 1: The Bobcats tied the game in the second period on the power play. First-year Kate Reilly crossed the puck to sophomore Lexie Adzija on the back door. Adzija miss-hit the puck, but senior Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout was there to tap it in and tie the game.
- (2:22, 2nd period, EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Harvard 2: Harvard's Becca Gilmore skated down the left side and shot right at senior Abbie Ives in the net. Kat Hughes was there to bury the rebound and give the Crimson a 2-1 lead.
- (19:42, 3rd period, EX) – Quinnipiac 2, Harvard 2: With just 18 seconds remaining in the third period, the Bobcats pulled Ives to have an extra skater. Sophomore Zoe Boyd passed the puck to senior Kenzie Prater in the middle of the Bobcats' offensive zone. Prater shot the puck and Adzija batted it down behind Harvard's Lindsay Reed – senior Kati Tabin scored the equalizer on the back door.
- (1:08, OT, EV) – Quinnipiac 2, Harvard 3: Anne Bloomer scored the game-winning goal off a rebound from Kat Hughes.
- Coutu-Godbout scored her third goal of the season. She currently has four points on three goals and one assist.
- Tabin tallied her second goal of the season for seven points on the year.
- Adzija had two assists to lead the team in the overtime loss.
- Ives made 20 saves with 10 in the first period.
- Harvard's Reed made 25 saves.
- The Bobcats out shot the Crimson, 27-24.
- Quinnipiac was perfect on the penalty kill for the second straight game, allowing just one shot on one power play attempt for Harvard.
- The Bobcats' two goals were both power play goals; the team tallied three power play goals this weekend.
- Quinnipiac will travel to Union and RPI next weekend. On Friday, Nov. 15, the Bobcats will take on RPI in Troy, N.Y., at 6 p.m.