POTSDAM, N.Y. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats dropped the first game in the ECAC Quarterfinals against the #5 Clarkson Golden Knights (#3 in ECAC Tournament). Clarkson scored one goal each period with an empty-net goal in the third to secure the win. Junior Abbie Ives recorded 24 saves in the loss.
This is the first game the Bobcats have lost in six games. Quinnipiac will get another shot at Clarkson as the second game in the quarterfinal round will be playing Saturday, March 2 at 3 p.m.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 0, #5 Clarkson Golden Knights 3
Quinnipiac (12-17-6, 9-10-4) / Clarkson (26-7-2, 17-5-1 ECAC)
Potsdam, N.Y. | Cheel Arena
- (1:05, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 0, Clarkson 1: Emma Keenan scored her third goal of the season in the opening drive of the period for the Golden Knights.
- (12:07, 2nd period EV)– Quinnipiac 0, Clarkson 2: Loren Gabel netter her 35th goal of the season from Elizabeth Giguere to take the Golden Knights' lead to 2-0 in the second period.
- (17:30, 3rd period 6v5) –Taylor Turnquist scored an empty-net goal to secure the win for Clarkson.
- Ives recorded 24 saves in the tie and moves to 12-14-6 this season.
- Freshman Lexie Adzija, sophomore Brooke Bonsteel and senior Kenzie Lancaster all led the team with four shots each.
- Adzija won nine out of 14 faceoffs (64%).
- Quinnipiac outshot Clarkson 29-27.
- The Bobcats only served one penalty for too many players on the ice. Clarkson served four minutes for hooking on both.
- This is the first game the Bobcats have been shutout since losing to RPI, 1-0, on Dec, 8.
The Bobcats will play Clarkson in the second game of the best-of-three series on Saturday, March 2. Puck drop is set for 3 p.m., at Cheel Arena.