HAMILTON – The #9/8 Colgate Raiders returned to the Class of 1965 Arena for their first home game of 2017 and were handed a 2-0 loss by the #8/9 Quinnipiac Bobcats.
The Bobcats got on the board first, just two minutes into the first period on a goal from Taylar Cianfarano.
Both teams came out strong in the second and kept each other from finding the back of the net until Quinnipiac's Raquel Pennoyer scooped up a rebounded shot and made it 2-0 with just about four minutes remaining.
The Raiders were looking to rally in the third and had several good looks but just couldn't get past netminder Sydney Rossman and the game ended 2-0 in favor of the Bobcats.
Colgate goalie Julia Vandyk finished the game with eight saves, while Rossman recorded 12.
- Quinnipiac 2, Colgate 0
- Colgate shifts to 15-4-3 overall and 6-3-1 in ECAC play.
- Quinnipiac moves to 16-5-4 overall and 9-3-2 in ECAC.
Facts & Figures
- The Raiders were 0-2 on the powerplay, while the Bobcats were 0-3.
- Quinnipiac slightly outshot Colgate, 28-27.
- Leading the Raiders in shots was senior Cat Quirion with four shots. Three Raiders were close behind with three shots each.
- The Raiders are back in action tomorrow when the Princeton Tigers come to the Class of 1965 Arena for an ECAC matchup. Puck drop is slated for 3 p.m.
- Live stats and video will be available at the start of the contest.